Altough summer is almost over, I wanted to share on of my favorite refreshing pre workout snacks. Instead of having a protein shake, I enjoy having a small smoothie bowl to get some carbs and protein after finishing a sweaty session. This bowl should just provide me with some energy but not fill me up as I always have a big meal about 30-60 minutes after my workout. I had this smoothie bowl almost every day during summer after working out before having a shower and cooking an actual meal.
Coconut water provides you with electrolytes while melons are a great way to get some carbs. I always use a very sweet melon and therefore don’t need any extra sweetness. Of yourse you can add frozen banana for sweetness and more carbs if you like.
You can also enjoy this smoothie bowl as a lower calorie snack to tie you over to your next meal.
Perhaps autumn will bring some hot days and you can still have this fresh lemon melon matcha smoothie bowl on your balcony!
Melon matcha smoothie bowl
- 1 quarter/Viertel frozen (galia) melon/geforene (Galia)melone about 190g
- 80 ml coconut water/Kokoswasser
- 10 g protein powder/Proteinpulver I used one scoop collagen/ich habe einen Messbecher Collagen verwendet
- matcha powder/Matchapulver
- 10 g chia seeds/Chiasamen
- optional: maca powder/Macapulver I used 1 teaspoon/ich habe einen TL verwendet
- optimal: sweetener/Süße e.g. frozen banana, stevia, dates etc./z. B. gefrorene Banane, Stevia, Datteln etc.
Blend all ingredients in a food processor and top with your favorite add ons./Alle Zutaten in einen leistungsstarken Mixer geben und durchixen. Mit Toppings nach Lust und Laune genießen.
Nutritional information/Nährwerte: 150 calories 16g c I 12,5g p I 3,5g f
Products I use and recommend/Produktempfehlungen:
All products with * are affiliate links. If you want to support me without paying extra money, you can purchase my favorite products through these links. This will enable me to continue providing you with content and help to grow my blog.
Share this Post